Hi there. I’m back with your new copy of the Charlotte Daily. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening locally.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout your big announcement at the top of the Charlotte Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate at your side! Submit your ad here.
Now, today’s weather:
A storm around the afternoon. High: 91 Low: 74.
Here are the top five stories from today in Charlotte:
- Nancy Bain, a music educator at Winterfield Elementary, coaches a band at an orphanage on Kenya’s Mfangano Island. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- Words cannot describe how PROUD we are of Harding University High School superstar Akala Garrett! We love seeing our students cross the finish line. #WeAreCMS #HighSchoolAthletics #LoveToSeeIt (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- I still have this beautiful beige tabby cat in my garden. We took him to the vet and found he had already been neutered and I found out he had also been declawed. The vet thinks he is about 2 or 3 years old. (The next door)
- Complimentary chairs in very good condition but need cleaning. Come get them today! 8608 Warwick Crest Lane in Cambridge. (The next door)
- Meet Bogie. He is a one and a half year old Great Dane. I’m saddened to say that Boogie has become too much to handle. I originally had Boogie for my daughter, but now she’s a teenager and doesn’t want to take care of him anymore. (The next door)
- I focused (pun intended) on photographing the doe that visits us so much that I haven’t done many photographs of the males that frequent our house. (The next door)
- Due to the low participation rate to rebuild the community garden, this project is postponed. If this is something your group would be interested in helping in the future, please contact Gaffney Health Services at 704-566-6332. (The next door)
- Who gave permission for Eastland Mall to be named Eastland Yards. We’ve never heard such a ridiculous name for such a cool place when it’s done. What’s wrong with Eastland Village or anything other than what they named? (The next door)
- Has anyone seen our cat? She disappeared a few days before we were due to leave for our week’s vacation. We’ve been back for a few days now. And she was nowhere on the site. She just doesn’t know where she is. I think she may be lost. (The next door)
- Has anyone noticed the trash and trash all along the collapsing wall in Eastland next to the school? It’s so disgusting and we hope in the future they will get it cleaned up. (The next door)
- If you know Tracie Smith on Elizabeth Oaks Avenue, ask her to contact me. They delivered his package to me. I’ve been sick so I can’t pass. (The next door)
- To anyone who needs to hear this, keep your head up and keep fighting. You only lose if you give up. (The next door)
- Looking for a lawn service. I used to use a guy named Brandon who can’t find it. My husband has overtime now and can’t access it. Leave me suggestions. (The next door)
- There’s a stray dog wandering along the Dixie River between Outlet/Courtyard and Berewick Elementary and to the new apartments on Shopton. White with black spots. (The next door)
You are officially informed for today. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update!
— Alexis Goering
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast girl with a pulse for people, news, and reporting! I worked for 15 years as a freelance writer/editor/editor in the media industry. I’m also a published author, an experienced blogger, and the founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at email@example.com