Good morning everyone! I’m back in your inbox this morning with your new copy of the Dunedin Daily, fresh off the press. Let’s start this Wednesday off right, with a quick guide to the most important things going on in Dunedin today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A stormy afternoon or two. High: 88 Low: 73.
The Dunedin Daily is sponsored by large local businesses. We love what they do, and we think you will too:
- Having your eavestroughs cleaned and repaired is the homeowner’s equivalent of flossing – you know it’s good for you even if it’s not something you look forward to. Friendly help: don’t delay. One Clean Gutter are local, female-owned gutter experts who can install new gutters and seamless guards or clean your existing gutters. Daily readers get 10% off – tell them Patch sent you and avoid household cavities! Visit One Clean Gutter today.
- Looking to sell or buy a luxury property in or near Dunedin? Terri Novitsky of Lauren Michaels Real Estate Partners specializes in luxury homes in our area. Terri works tirelessly on behalf of her clients and brings concierge service, in-depth market knowledge and innovative marketing strategies to ensure clients get the best price for their properties. Email Terri at terrinLMREP@gmail.com.
- Do you dream of owning a house in the Sunshine State? You should talk to Brian Conboy at Seacoast National Bank. Brian has over 28 years of experience securing loans for first-time home buyers or downsizing retirees – from land loans to construction loans, and everything in between. , including pre-approvals. He takes into account the whole family of his clients and will help you find the best mortgage program to meet your needs. Visit Brian here today to see if you are prequalified and make your dream home a reality.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are the top three stories from today in Dunedin:
- Dunedin Parks & Rec has released the June calendar of events at the Hale Senior Activity Center. Get ready for Ice Cream Bingo on June 13 and a Lunch Luau on June 22! Additionally, a Florida Landlord/Tenant Law Seminar will be held on June 14. There will be Joy Rides around Dunedin on Mondays at 10am. All the usual art, music, and fitness classes are also on the agenda with the addition of free health care. screenings and various support groups. The full program is posted online. (Dunedin Patch | Full Schedule)
- Do you want to learn to play the bagpipes or the drums? The Dunedin Scottish Arts Foundation runs The Dunedin Tide of Piping and Drumming, a week-long camp to promote and learn bagpipes and drumming. Join Iain Donaldson and Eric MacNeill for lessons in bagpipes, snare drum, bass drum and tenor drum from From June 26 to July 1. Classes will be held at the Taoist Tai Chi headquarters in Dunedin. All ages and skill levels are welcome, however, it is not recommended for very new beginners. Registration is open until June 20. (Facebook | Registration)
- The Dunedin Concert Band performs their summer concert ‘The Good Ol’ USA’ on June 5 between 3-4:15 p.m. at Pinellas Park Performing Arts Center. This performance will be directed by Stephen P. Brown and Nathan Meuhl. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door, and $10 for Dunedin Music Society members. (Dunedin Patch | Tickets)
Today in Dunedin:
- Various fitness classes for seniors at the Hale Senior Activity Center (9:30 a.m.)
- Pen ! Children’s Writers Group at Dunedin Public Library (10 a.m.)
- Lunches of the Pinellas Opera League at Dunedin Golf and Country Club (11 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- The City of Dunedin is hiring! Check what positions are available on their website. (Facebook | Dunedin Gov)
- Clear Sky Draft Haus is hosting a special Father’s Day brunch and dinner on June 19! The menu includes smoked brisket, stuffed grouper, sirloin steak and more. (Facebook)
- See you tonight at the Parlor House Bistro for live music between 5 and 9 p.m. The evening begins with a solo piano set up by David Hardy from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Dwayne White on trumpet from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Facebook)
- Check out a video posted on the new musician mural in progress at Madison Avenue Pizza! (Facebook)
- The New World Celts – Dunedin Chapter reminds you to take your child to the bathroom frequently while using the Kiwanis Sprayground. Their hilarious advertisement warns your child against becoming the ‘dreaded party animal’ and reminds visitors that swim nappies are available for sale at Highlander Pool. (Facebook | Dunedin Gov)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today. I will see you soon!