Picture this: It’s the height of summer and you’re sitting in a posh New England restaurant by the sea enjoying a five-course meal (“I’ll have the lobster, please please”) and a glass of champagne (“Dom Pérignon? Perfect!”)…alone. Yes, alone. Doesn’t that sound wonderful? Who said you need another person to go to a Say “hello” to solo dating.
There are plenty of good reasons why you should get out more. For one thing, you don’t need to coordinate calendars with another person (phew). Two: Not only is dating someone a great form of self-care, but it also allows you to honor the relationship you have with, well, you — the most important relationship you will ever have!
Additionally, if you are in the dating group, having a strong relationship with yourself creates a deeper awareness of what you might need and want from a significant other. “Dating can teach you what you love, how you enjoy giving and receiving love, and informs you about your habits, beliefs and values,” Arielle D’AngeloLGBTQ+ Self-Love Coach and Founder of WeTheRainbow, tells Elite Daily. By being more self-aware, you are better equipped to advocate for yourself in future relationships.
If you’re intrigued and now wondering, “How can I date?” don’t worry, Elite Daily has compiled a list of 40 solo date ideas — from simple to fancy — for when you want to shower with a little more love.
As a reminder: whether it’s for five minutes or several hours, you can always prioritize creating time and space for you!
Simple Solo Date Ideas
- Take a nature walk.
- Put on your favorite movie, pop some popcorn and have a relaxing night.
- Go to a museum.
- Grab a face mask and have a DIY spa party at home.
- Book a yoga or fitness class.
- Put on your favorite album and drive away.
- Get a manicure.
- Sign up to volunteer for a cause you’re passionate about.
- Treat yourself to retail therapy and shopping.
- Grab a book and head to your local cafe to read and be the main character.
Solo Date Ideas
- Cook yourself an extravagant meal.
- Dine at a fancy restaurant.
- Book yourself a night in a fancy hotel.
- Visit a winery and attend a wine tasting during your stay.
- Book a day at the spa or a facial.
- Attend the opening of an art gallery.
- Put on a formal dress and go to the opera.
- Take a French macaron making class.
- Make yourself a charcuterie board with expensive meats and cheeses (pairs well with your favorite glass of red).
- Book a night helicopter flight.
Solo Seasonal Date Ideas
- Book an upstate cabin for a solo weekend getaway.
- Sign up for a flower arranging class.
- Take a bike ride along the beach.
- Take a surf lesson.
- Sign up for a beginner’s ski lesson.
- Have a picnic at sunset.
- Go for a hike and enjoy the fall foliage.
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- Go apple picking and make apple flavored treats with your fresh new apples.
- Buy yourself some roses and go alone for Valentine’s Day at your favorite restaurant.
Fun Solo Date Ideas
- Check out a live broadcast.
- Sign up for a cooking class.
- Attend a pottery workshop.
- Play tourist in your own city and plan a guided tour.
- Grab your favorite sex toy, light some candles and have a steamy solo session.
- Book a photographer and do a solo photo shoot.
- Book a solo trip to a place you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Sign up for a dance class.
- Attend a play or musical.
- Go skydiving or bungee jumping.