5 Inexpensive or Free Online Marketing Ideas for All Types of Businesses
As an entrepreneur, you should now know the importance of word of mouth. In other words, you need to get everyone talking about your products or services. Otherwise, they won’t sell, a nightmare for all businesses!
ICYDK, consumers are likely to make a purchase when they have a solid understanding of what your products or services do and how they work. That you are start selling stickers online or sell your service such as web design. Online marketing is the most effective way to convey this value proposition to your target audience.
Why focus on online marketing?
Online marketing is a modern approach to word of mouth. It refers to promoting your products or services to existing and potential customers through the Internet and other forms of digital media. Along with increased brand awareness, online marketing also allows you to reap these benefits:
- Profitable. It can be difficult for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to compete with large companies. Unlike many SMBs, large corporations have money to spend on TV commercials, radio spots, and other traditional marketing methods. Online marketing puts all businesses on the same playing field. There are online marketing methods that are easy to use but have the same success rates as expensive methods.
- Traditional marketing methods can be effective but difficult to measure. Although they are measurable, they also do not give precise results. In contrast, most if not all online marketing methods use a tracking system that allows you to accurately monitor the results of your campaign. By doing so, you can identify what works and what doesn’t, allowing you to make improvements to your campaign.
- Better leads and customer acquisition. Internet users in the United States continue to grow. At the time of writing, there are around 307 million internet users in the country. Moreover, recent research shows that the average time spent on the Internet per person is 413 minutes per day. Online marketing gives you the opportunity to leverage these remarkable numbers.
How to market online for little or no cost?
Indeed, marketing is a key ingredient in the success of your business. Even so, it can be a big chunk of your budget. Don’t worry, though! A startup and SME owner with a budget like you can still promote products or services with little time, effort, and money. Here are some ideas you can try:
1. Create a Google My Business account
Google processes over 100,000 searches per second. You can capitalize on the astronomical number of Google searches by signing up to use Google Ads.
Google Ads lets you create digital ads to reach people who are interested in the products or services you offer. Basically, your ad appears on Google’s search engine results page when people enter keywords related to your business.
Apart from its massive reach, Google Ads is economical. You decide how much you’re willing to spend each month and when to stop. Its features can be a bit overwhelming, especially for beginners. However, you can join a pay-per-click marketer.
2. Host a social media giveaway
People love getting free stuff. Some would even do anything to get their hands on gifts. Psychology Today points out that consumers often overlook hidden costs when looking for zero-price options.
You can use this scientific fact to your advantage by hosting a giveaway on social media. You can set a minimum spend condition for your followers and subscribers to qualify for a gift box. Another good alternative is to give away your products or services for free in exchange for social media engagement. Either way, you will benefit from increased reach and sales.
3. Produce video tutorials
Dwell time, which is the time online users spend on your page after arriving from a Google search, is an important Google ranking factor. The dwell time, the more you appear on Google’s search results page. Video tutorials are a great investment in lead generation because they can increase dwell time on your page.
Video tutorials can also influence consumers’ purchase intentions. Specifically, a 2019 study shows that perceived information volume positively affects consumers’ perceived value, which explains why they are willing to buy a product when presented with a video on how to use it.
4. Sell Mystery Boxes
Should products or services that are not selling well be discarded? Of course not! It would be a waste of resources.
There are many ways to throw them away and make money. You can give your slow products or services as giveaways in your social media giveaway. Another way is to sell them online as part of a mystery box.
Data and science confirm the effectiveness of mystery boxes as online marketing strategy. According to Strategy, mystery boxes make you fear missing out. As a result, consumers, mainly younger ones, are making reactive purchases. A 2022 study further explains that the uncertainty of mystery boxes arouses curiosity, which triggers their desire to complete the information by making a purchase.
5. Start a blog
Blogging is a great way to drive traffic to your website. Plus, you can start one for free.
You don’t need to write long and complex blog posts. You just need to write the content that your target audience needs. You can get this information by analyzing what they usually search for on Google.
Just as important, don’t forget to incorporate the keywords you’re targeting into your blog posts. Also, do it naturally if possible.
Marketing doesn’t have to be expensive. Thanks to the Internet, you can promote your products or services at little or no cost. The trick is to effectively communicate your value proposition to your target market.