DOUGLAS — During a GBI investigation into gang-related crimes in the Douglas, Coffee County area, several people were arrested in connection with the operation.
The GBI received a request to investigate gang-related crimes that occurred in the Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia area from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office. Information was also received from the Douglas Police Department and the Community Watch Service. Area 4 Gang Specialists and Agents, Douglas Police Department Drug Investigators, Coffee County Detectives, Georgia State Patrolmen, and Community Watch Department Agents who led investigators to document Bloods , Piru, Gangster Disciples, Down South Georgia Boys, Sur 13, Bounty Hunter, G-Shyne and Ghostface Gangster Gang in Coffee County.
Accordingly, on Friday, March 11, 2022, the GBI, Douglas Police Department, Community Watch Department, Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, Georgia State Patrol and Gang Task Force of the GBI launched searches on gang members, wanted persons and their residences. The following people were arrested following the operation:
- Lonnie Wright, 37, of Douglas, parole warrant for gun possession by Felon
- John Wayne Davis, 47, of Douglas, on probation for burglary and theft while taking
- Fallon Brabon, 38, of Douglas, probationary term
- John Foshee, 31, of Douglas, serves parole and probation for trafficking amphetamines and possession of firearms by a convicted felon
- Ray Batten, 24, of Douglas, serving a probation violation warrant for possession of methamphetamine.
- Justin Jewell, 41, of Douglas, probation warrant for burglary
- Jonathan Tucker, 38, of Douglas, criminal damage to property
- Kenvin T. Collins, 48, of Douglas, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- James R. Spell, 55, of Broxton, robbery while taking
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the GBI Douglas Regional Office at (912) 389-4103 or the Douglas Police Department at (912) 384-2222. Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send mobile app Something.