The ramshackle Weasleys house in the Harry Potter series, affectionately known as the Burrow, was meant to be an emblem of the family’s financial situation (i.e. barely getting by). But if the Burrow were real, Arthur Weasley’s meager bureaucratic salary probably wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the mortgage. According to a To analyse According to price comparison site Money.co.uk, the property was worth around $ 1.7 million, far more than the Dursleys’ posh home in Surrey, which was valued at around $ 495,000.
Both are cheaper than spots in big cities. Monica’s apartment in New York since Friends would be worth almost $ 1.98 million; and the beloved London apartment at 221B Baker Street by Benedict Cumberbatch with Sherlock (and the Arthur Conan Doyle originals) could cost over $ 3.4 million.
But even these struggled to compete with mansions and castles. Downton abbeyThe eponymous estate of (filmed in an actual location, Highclere Castle) took the top spot with a colossal estimate of over $ 179 million. the Knives Out Chateau, The Umbrella Academy mansion, and Elsa’s ice castle from Frozen all ranked at the top of the list too. The same goes for BoJack Horseman’s extravagant LA home in third place with an estimated value of almost $ 6 million.
In order to determine estimates for these and other fictitious domains, Money.co.uk looked at actual market prices in their respective areas and even converted fake currencies into real currencies where possible. Check out the price tags on 20 coveted properties below and learn more about the study here.
- Downton Abbey (Downton abbey) // $ 179,255,595
- Hargreeves’ mansion (The Umbrella Academy) // $ 21,975,553
- BoJack’s house (BoJack Cavalier) // $ 5,995,000
- Elsa’s Ice Castle (Frozen) // $ 3,500,000
- Rosebud Motel (Schitt Creek) // $ 3,500,000
- Harlan Thrombey’s Mansion (Knives Out) // $ 3,499,333
- 221B Baker Street (Sherlock) // $ 3,428,195
- The Addams Family Mansion (The Addams Family) // $ 2,821,184
- Queen Victoria (EastEnders) // $ 2,725,978
- Otis’ house (Sex education) // $ 2,453,316
- Monica’s apartment (Friends) // $ 1,978,500
- The Burrow (Harry potter) // $ 1,700,966
- The McCallister House (Alone at home) // $ 1,625,576
- A Hobbit Hole (The Lord of the Rings) // $ 1,570,122
- The Parisian apartment of Villanelle (Kill Eve) // $ 1,417,883
- Pam and Mick’s house (Gavin and Stacey) // $ 857,187
- Murder House (American Horror Story: Murder House) // $ 633,336
- 4 Privet Drive (Harry potter) // $ 495,465
- The Simpsons House (The simpsons) // $ 483,516
- The Rovers Return Inn (Coronation Street) // $ 460,370